12:32
0

My personal computer is dead, bricked, toast.  I consider myself an expert in computers, I've worked with various Windows Operating systems since 1987.  I hold a Microsoft A++ Certification in diagnosing personal computers and fixing them.  But this latest episode takes the cake.

I experienced an unusual hack in May of 2012 after I posted the banker resignations.  It took away my account and created a new administrator account. I logged in from another computer and posted to my blog "Hahahaha! Very clever! Now give me back my computer!"  And strangely enough, whomever was on the other end of that hack, very kindly and cleanly restored my PC to the original state with my account back in operation.  I've never seen a hack that elegant, usually they just destroy your windows system software.  It was professional.

I've seen many bloggers accuse hackers of things that I think is just malconfigured and insecure systems. You leave your front door open any 11 year old can walk in. And 11 year old boys are nearly psychic when it comes to password guessing.  This is not one of those situations.

After that spring hack I decided to get a new motherboard and upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 and have a clean operating system, and I inserted another firewall between my computer and the router provided to me by my Internet provider.  I also VPN tunnel with encrypted links on my internet browsing.  I take reasonable precautions for the kind of blogging I do.

What I didn't realize is the motherboard I bought has a new kind of BIOS called a UEFI bios. I knew it looked different but I didn't realize it can be updated through Windows.  Many new PCs, especially the lower end ones have this kind of BIOSs which is not really even a BIOS in the traditional sense since its so malleable. The borderline between hardware and software has been blurred.

To cut the story short, my computer won't boot and probably won't boot unless I can clear its CMOS chip successfully and it looks likely I will have to at the very least buy a new motherboard and install it with money I don't have.  So here I sit in my daughters room with Disney, snow globes, pink unicorns, and Hunger Games posters doing my blogging today.  Posts may be a bit slower coming out until I get this situation cleared up.

GW Hardin has a new paper which I am about to post. I explained my situation to him and he suggested I contact my readers and see if I can raise some funds to replace the motherboard and CPU (I can likely reuse the memory chips).  GW said "You serve us, why don't you let us serve you.."

I suspect my drives have a boot sector virus and a very clever one at that.  I will need $300-400 to fix this.  I'd really like to just get a MAC mini (with that I can reuse my monitor and keyboard and mouse which I am used to) but that would take $900 or so. But I'd be quite happy just getting the motherboard replaced.

I am so fed up with Microsoft, brought to you by the man behind Windows, 3rd World compulsory vaccines and Geo-Engineering.  I'd really like to switch to the MAC platform. I had a MAC Air book but I gave that to my daughter for her college work last summer. Apple has much tighter quality control and far fewer back doors into its operating system. No system is unhackable, but some just make it darn easy.

If you'd like to help, my paypal account is obiwankabuki@gmail.com


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét