00:11
0
Cats amaze me. They are independent, loving, aloof, fearless, and good friends.  When I get sick my Simba will curl up at my side and not leave.  

I love this video, but I don't agree with keeping cats out of nature, they are so much more mentally healthy when they can roam in nature. Our cats spend about 8 hours a day outdoors and they kill tree rats and other rodents that can carry plague or hanta virus.  The cats themselves are preyed on, we never let them out after  6pm because of roving coyotes that come in off the green belts in our community.  Cats are predators (as are dogs or ferrets) and certain species of birds. But when they do kill the first thing they do is sever the spine so the animal feels no pain and doesn't suffer long.  They will play with a dead animal, or to my wife's horror bring home a trophy. They are a part of nature and they do keep rodents under control. It is said the reintroduction of cats into the Europe was one of the reasons that ended the black plague.  The Egyptians revered cats.

A neighbor ours kept their two cats indoors, one had its claws removed.  The one without the claws slipped outside and an owl grabbed it and flew off.  The cat with claws is still alive.  


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét